The City of West Columbia is working closely with state and county health officials as we monitor the developing impacts of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
We encourage all of our citizens to follow the Official Brazoria County Facebook Page and the Brazoria County website for up-to-date information for our area. These sites contain helpful information and resources.
The City urges citizens to follow all recommendations issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and to be good neighbors as we all go through these trying times.
Brazoria Co COVID-19 Info Line 979-864-2167
Non-health related questions 979-864-1898
Monday - Friday 10 am - 6 pm
Saturday 9 am - 2 pm
Governor Greg Abbott today issued an Executive Order requiring all Texans to wear a face covering over the nose and mouth in public spaces in counties with 20 or more positive COVID-19 cases, with few exceptions. The Governor also issued a proclamation giving mayors and county judges the ability to impose restrictions on some outdoor gatherings of over 10 people, and making it mandatory that, with certain exceptions, people cannot be in groups larger than ten and must maintain six feet of social distancing from others.
- Columbia-Brazoria Independent School District
- Frontline Child Care
- Stop the Spread of Germs
- Detenga la Propagacion de los Microbios
- What To Do if You Are Sick
- Guidance for Large Gatherings
- 15 Days to Slow the Spread
- Protect Yourself and Your Family
- Symptoms of COVID-19
- Plan in Case Outbreak Occurs in Your Community
- What To Do If You Are Sick
- Resources for Businesses & Employees
- Who is at Higher Risk?
FOLLOW THE CDC’S RECOMMENDATIONS FOR USING A FACEMASK:
- Facemasks are not recommended for those who are well to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others or by health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).