Police Chiefs Association
The Southeast Texas Police Chiefs Association’s (S.E.T.P.C.A.) annual Youth Scholarship Program awards financial assistance to youth within the Association’s membership jurisdictions. Submitted scholarship applications will be evaluated and an empanelled committee will select winners.
S.E.T.P.C.A. Scholarship submission categories:
Category 1: High school senior program. These applicants must be an impending graduating high school senior of the year of the scholarship submission. Awarded scholarship funds must be used towards actual college expenses; being: books or tuition.
Category 2: Youth (non high school seniors currently attending high school) summer or alternative education programs. These funds must be used towards attendance at an authorized summer camp activity or other pre-approved alternative youth educational programs.
Category 3: This category supports the youth of the men and women who are currently serving the law enforcement profession. Any child related to a law enforcement officer may submit and qualify for any of the aforementioned scholarship categories. This category also includes consideration of extended college education benefits of category one to support education expenses up to a baccalaureate degree.
- Must reside or have a primary residence in a S.E.T.P.C.A. member agency jurisdiction
- Applicants may only submit one application for each calendar year period
- The application process will begin in February of each calendar year
- Scholarship applications must be postmarked by April 15, 2017
- The scholarship awards ceremony will be announced in early May of each calendar year
- Applicants must be present at the awards ceremony to be eligible to receive scholarship benefits
- All decisions made by the Association or its selected committee are final
- Scholarship considerations will be made from all submitted scholarship applications that met the program guidelines. Each complete application will be evaluated based on the provided documents by the Associations selection committee
- It will be the responsibility of each applicant to keep the Association apprised of any change of address and/or contact information. Failure to have adequate information will disqualify a submitted application
Scholarship Program Processes:
- Submit S.E.T.P.C.A. Youth Scholarship program application following all instructions
- Obtain and submit a letter of recommendation from your local community Chief of Police, Sheriff, or Constable
- Obtain and submit a letter of recommendation from a school teacher, counselor or principal
- Obtain and submit a letter of reference/recommendation from an individual who is not a relative
Submit all documents to:
Southeast Texas Police Chiefs Association
Attn: Chief Derek Dyson
P.O Box 258
Danbury, Texas 77534
NOTE: Scholarship applications must be postmarked by April 15, 2017
- All received S.E.T.P.C.A. scholarship applications will be evaluated by a panel convened by the President of the Southeast Texas Police Chiefs Association
- The selection committee will select the winners from the submission categories and award scholarships based on available scholarship funding
- All applicants must attend and be present at the S.E.T.P.C.A. awards program / meeting to be considered for the scholarship benefits
Administering Awarded Scholarships:
Awarded scholarship recipients will receive a scholarship award check from the General Fund by the Secretary/Treasurer of S.E.T.P.C.A.
Click here for the application